Looking for a gruesome arm workout that can be done from home? Look no further! Today I’ll be sharing an INTENSE 4 exercise arm workout that can be performed at home with only a pair of dumbbells.
For maximal growth, track your rests, weight used, and sets for this workout, and then attempt to repeat it and BEAT it next time! So let’s dive straight into it.
#1 Overhead Triceps Extensions
So when it comes to getting bigger arms, we need to primarily focus on that long head of your triceps. The best way to do that is with the overhead triceps extensions. Unlike the usual 3 sets of 10 or 12 repetitions, let’s make this a lot more intense.
- Do 3 sets of 45 seconds straight of the overhead extension.
- I am going to advise that you pick a weight that you can perform for 45 seconds straight.
- If you have absolutely no way to do 45 seconds, push yourself to your maximum and take the minimum rest possible in that period of time
- Using a timer would be very useful and also a short resting period of maximum 90 seconds between the sets is optimum.
#2 Lying Triceps Extensions
The next important exercise we have is the lying tricep extensions (technically skullcrushers). So it would be 100 string repetitions of lying tricep extensions with the dumbbells.
- Get that neutral grip with your palms facing towards each other while bringing those tops of the dumbbells down to your shoulders.
- Now the same thing I mentioned with the last set if you can’t do the whole 100 repetitions, your goal is going to be to take as little rest periods as possible.
- Try resting every 25 repetitions but I also want to mention the goal is not to get your repetitions as fast as you possibly can rather do it with as little rest as you possibly can.
Now, we’ve got the triceps out of the way, moving on to everybody’s favorite, Biceps.
#3 The 21’s
I know I might get a little hate for this but it’s certainly the 21’s. To make it more effective, we’re doing this a lot more challenging than regular.
- We’re doing 3 sets of 21’s back-to-back as you possibly can.
- After you have completed the first set of 21 comes three variations of the traditional supinated palms facing up bicep curls.
7of the bottom half, 7 of the top half and 7 full repetitions.
- As always take a very short rest and then get into your second set of 20 ones as fast as possible.
You’re going to do this three total times trying to take as minimal rest as possible. All right now to finish this workout off, let’s get to the final exercise.
#4 Hammer Curls
Be sure to take about 90 to 120 seconds worth of rest after that last exercise as we’re going to get a 100 straight repetitions of the hammer curls.
- If you can’t move past 50, try doing half repetitions.
- At that point, drop the weight a little bit if you need to but the goal is to get those 100 repetitions done.
- Try to do 4 sets or less. Also keep in mind that you should take as little rest as possible between the sets.
That will conclude our full at home bigger arms workout routine. An important thing to keep in mind is to stay away from doing this very often. Give at least 48 hours of rest before you give time for this again.
Hey, before we wrap up I need to make mention that we’ve officially launched The Barbarian Body App. If you want to try it out, make use of Seven Days of FREE full workout programs, diet plans, exclusive videos, exclusive workouts and best of all, no Ads.